I'm a Design Generalist focusing on UX and UI with a passion for Web Development. Creating user-centred digital products, from scratch to prototype to mirror-polished. Building bridges between Designers and Developers.
There is no clear line between "designing" and technically implementing a project. There'll always be decisions made by developers that heavily impact user experience, since It's impossible to design every aspect of an application in advance in a design tool. This is where I specialise, fully comprehending both: user needs and technical possibilities. My dual background in Design and Technology allows me to talk eye-to-eye with teammates (and clients) who have their focus in either fields.
Currently I work as UX Designer at Service Innovation Labs in Berlin and as Freelance Web Designer & Developer.
My (incomplete) list of Skills
I can do everything here with supreme quality outputs and in a reasonable amount of time.
- User Experience Design (User Interviews, Usability Testing, Wireframing, Information Archtecture, ...)
- UI Design / Design Systems
- HTML + CSS (PostCSS, SCSS, Tailwind CSS)
- Web performance optimisations
- Further Design Skills (Corporate & Logo, Layout, ..)
I need to look up things from time to time, but results are still on a sophisticated level.
- Vue.js / Nuxt.js
- Headless CMSs (Storyblok, Contentful)
- Service Design
- Prototyping Tools (Proto.io, Justinmind, Origami, Marvel, Framer, ...)
- Web Accessibility (A11y)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Lr, Ps, Pr, Id, Ai, Xd, Ae), Serif Affinity
- (technical) SEO
- 2D + 3D Animation (After Effects, Cinema 4D)
I can do stuff here, but mostly I learn as I go.
- Greensock (GSAP)
- Advanced JS (Promises, Async, Await, ..)
- JS Testing (Jest)
Want to learn
- p5.js, three.js
- Derivative TouchDesigner
I did this in the past, but did not really advance in recent years.
- Making Movies / Recording in Green Screen Studio
- Wordpress Custom Themes
In my spare time I try to improve my skills in Woodworking, Cooking, Hiking, Cycling, Badminton, Skiing and Parenthood.